The Embassy Festival has been selected to receive the EFFE label 2019 – 2020. EFFE – Europe for Festivals, Festivals for Europe, is Europe’s Label for remarkable festivals initiated by the European Festivals Association. This Label was awarded to us after being evaluated by international experts in the festival world.
The jury evaluated the Embassy Festival as being embedded in the European artistic, cultural and social reality as well as it fulfills to these 8 quality standards:
- presenting a coherent and curated artistic programme;
- supporting on-going artistic development
- providing opportunities for upcoming or innovative artists to create or to be presented in your programme;
- being rooted in its’ local community fostering local connections in the programme and among the performers/ performances. The festival involves local artists as well as local audiences in its projects;
- helping to increase access to culture and attract diverse audiences.
- taking measures to be more sustainable.
- helping to shape, encourage and promote intercultural experiences for your audiences and artists;
- embracing inclusivity as a core principle and practice;
EFFE is an international festival community connecting festivals that are deeply committed to arts, their communities and Europe. At the same time, it serves as a searchable online Festival Calendar (FestivalFinder.eu) for all international audiences interested in the arts of all kinds.
The European Festivals Association is convinced about EFFE’s potential: to embrace and breathe Europe as an idea of community and reciprocal understanding and responsibility towards the world.
We are very happy to receive this remarkable label for the Embassy Festival for the second time.